“I [would] see children wandering the streets of Islamabad and would think to myself how different their lives could be if they too could acquire an education,” Master Ayub (Guest Speaker)
LUMS SOE would like to extend an invitation to you to its First Annual Education Festival: EdFest 2017 on February 27th, 2017 from 6:30pm to 8pm at Room SS, LUMS Academic Block.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Day 1: Monday, 27th February 2017
SOE PEP Talks:
The LUMS SOE has a substantial “Partnership and Engagement Program” (PEP) as a foundational aspect of its model. The PEP platform provides opportunities for effective recruitment, residency and placement of LUMS students in the education sector. This will be the first PEP Talk event organized by LUMS SOE.
Four speakers will be giving 10 minute lectures each on their experiences within the education space, talking about the challenges they have faced along their respective journeys and the impact their work has had. SOE PEP Talks will follow a Ted Talk style and format. Students will have 15 minutes at the end of the PEP Talk session to ask the panel of speakers questions.
1) Imran Sarwar: educator and founder, Rabtt
2) Master Ayub Khan: educator and philanthropist, Master Ayub Park School
3) Ben French: portfolio manager, Oxford Policy Management and former Punjab DfID representative
4) Baela Raza Jamil: educator and policy advisor, Idara-e-Taleem-o-Aghai (ITA)
Audience: Only LUMS student, Faculty and Staff may attend Day 1 of LUMS EdFest 2017. Entry is based on first come first serve basis.
Partner Student Organizations:
- LUMS Community Service Society (LCSS)
- LUMS Consultancy Group (LCG)
- Music Society at LUMS